On Thursday, September 16th University of Maryland Global Campus’s (UMGC) Instructional Technology faculty will be sharing some of their favorite tools in a brand-new webinar series, titled, “Speed Tech.” Speed Tech, a professional development collaboration between MSET and UMGC, will offer six, five-minute presentations (30 minutes) on popular web tools and applications in education.
To kick off this new event, faculty from UMGC will share their favorite web tools. A preview of the web tools are offered here:
- Prezi video you and your slides together in real time. You can have your face and your video together while you stream in an application like Zoom or record a video. No longer do you have choose between just your face or your slides! Plus, it’s a cool feature that sort of makes you look like a news broadcaster.
- Remind is a private mobile messaging platform that allows teachers, parents, and students communicate with each other. It’s a great way for teachers to communicate with students without having to share a personal phone number.
- Do your students love cartoons or animations? Powtoon is a web tool that allows you to create animated videos. Their free tier provides 3-minute videos. The videos look professional created, but you don’t have to have graphic design experience to use this tool.
- If you are a person who likes to take notes but wishes you could save them electronically without having to type, Microsoft Lens is for you! Office Lens is a great way to capture whiteboards, handwritten notes or memos, signs, graphics, sketches, drawings and save the, electronically. It’s available for iOS and Android.
- Wakelet is a free platform that allows you to save, organize, and share content from across the web. You can save content in collections, which you can share with others, invite collaborators, or share publicly. It’s a great content curation tool and a great way to share resources with your students.
Get the scoop on these great tools and network with colleagues from around the state! Register for our first event here.