On Wednesday, December 8th University of Maryland Global Campus’s (UMGC) Instructional Technology faculty will be sharing some of their favorite infographic tools during MSET’s monthly Speed Tech professional development webinar. Speed Tech, a professional development collaboration between MSET and UMGC, offers six, five-minute presentations (30 minutes) on popular web tools and applications in education. This month’s edition will have a festive theme with a plethora of ideas for you to take back to your classroom.
A preview of the infographic tools are offered here:
- Canva is a powerful design tool to create stunning visual displays, including infographics, posters, flyers, presentations, graphs and charts and more! There are so many potential uses for this tool and during the webinar, UMGC faculty will share some holiday themed ideas to use in the classroom.
Big Huge Labs
- Big Huge Labs has been around since 2005! It’s fun and engaging tool that allows you to do more with photos. UMGC faculty will share how you can use Big Huge Labs’ tools to help your students set goals for the new year.
- Adobe Spark is a suite of design tools that are easy to use and incredibly powerful. It’s completely browser-based and allows students to create engaging graphics, websites, videos and more. Learn how you can use these tools to help students express their creativity!
- Visme, another powerful design suite, offers numerous templates for presentations, charts, and maps, infographics, documents, videos and gifs. Create a free account or take advantage of the teacher and student plans.
- Piktochart is a visual content maker that offers tools to create infographics, reports, presentations and other visualizations. Start with a free educator account to give this tool a try!
Get the scoop on these great tools and network with colleagues from around the state! Register for the webinar here.